Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Contract Specialist, located in our client's office in The Hague.
This position requires advance knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise and includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance. The Senior Contracts Specialist performs the essential job duties and functions listed below and may support one or more Contracts Administrators with typical routine duties and provides guidance on our client's processes and practices. The Senior Contracts Specialist will lead or assists in the preparation of or physically prepares contract bid documents by participating in project discussions related to construction execution philosophy and maintains and issues reports, as required. Leads and/or assists in the award of contracts, administrates awarded contracts by enforcing the terms and conditions of those contracts and performs contract close-out activities.
This role is mainly focused on all Post-Award contract administration work however does not exclude any Pre-Award activities performed while working at the site. The Contracts Specialist will report to the team leader a (senior) Contracts Manager, and will perform the following activities/tasks amongst other assigned duties:
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions, reviews technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting, and Customer).
- Lead internal Request for Proposal (RFP) development, and RFP explanation meetings, contract pre-award meetings, final negotiations, and drafting/finalization of contact documents.
- Analyse commercial sections of proposals, coordinate technical proposal evaluations, develop final proposal evaluation, prepare contract recommendations, and present team recommendation to project management and/or Customer.
- Perform contract management post-award activities through evaluating and status contractors' productivity, schedule adherence, contract change management, invoicing and claims avoidance.
- Participates in and /or conducts proposal preparation for any field changes or any assigned pre-award activities in support of the home office team or such activities transferred to the site.
- Perform close-out of contracts, finalize outstanding contract issues, issue of final contract modifications, invoices and coordinate completion of contractor performance evaluations
- Thosepre-award activities needed in support ofRFP development and ultimately leading to contract award,likeo Perform contractor resource survey.
- Prequalify bidders.
- Preparation of Master Bid List for Customer approval.
- Establish and maintain contract files
- Prepare, maintain, retrieve, and communicate records, reports, or documents as part of general contract management administration requirements.
- Develop and execute individual contacting plans.
- Prepare and issue award notifications
- Execute Project Contracting Plan.
- Be pro-active with contractors to ensure contract compliance, generation of progress, schedules, daily and other status reports, invoicing and supporting documents in a timely manner.
- Travels to and/or residing at site location(s) is required to oversee contract operations.
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with our client and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and 6+ years of work-related experience i.e. contract management, subcontract administration and procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects.
- Effectively communication skills in relation to other departments (engineering disciplines & construction) and takes a leadership role in preparing and presenting proposals and reports to the (Senior) Contracts Manager.
- Able to plan own work and accomplish varied and complex tasks with the ability to discover issues and recommend solutions.
- Fluent written and spoken English, Dutch is not a must but good to have.
- Communicate ideas and concepts, eye for detail, without getting lost in detail.
- Structured & accurate.
- Strong understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field.
- Proven track record in preparation of SoW's and related deliverables, compiling of Service Agreements and Construction Contract Packages.
- Secondment (site) experience.
- Advanced MS-Word and MS-Excel skills.
- Effective negotiation and contract interpretation experience.
- Negotiation skills.
- A strong pro-active team player with enthusiasm & drive.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Arnold Bos will be happy to help you at arnold.bos(at)energyresourcing.com. We look forward to your application!Apply Now