Senior Civil / Structural Engineer
Position: Contract to Hire
Location: Metairie, LA
Energy Resourcing is looking for a Civil / Structural Engineer for multiple projects at Worley’s Metairie office. This will be a contract to hire position providing structural engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the structural engineering team.
- Deliver structural engineering services that meet Worley’, its customers’ and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise structural engineering project requirements.
- Perform structural engineering services such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the structural engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress
- Ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the structural engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Qualifications Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of structural engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in structural engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- 10+ years of experience in offshore structural designer or similar industry
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or Professional Engineer (PE)
- Proficient with Bentley SACS Software
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance