Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Senior Civil Engineer to help support an Aberdeen based project, with our EPC Partner. This role is open as a 12 month contract position or a staff position, and can be based remotely with occasional site visits required.
Our client is looking for candidates with good onshore civil and brownfield experience, to help support their current project.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope.
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit sites when necessary
- Facilitate discussions within engineering and design team relating to design and preparation of deliverable issues, providing technical guidance, support and training when required.
- Ensuring that all discipline personnel are working in alignment and following best practices.
- Signing and checking of drawings and documents in accordance with correct procedures.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Commitment to and promotion of client values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Able to lead large complex project work-scopes from multiple execution centres.
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates