Energy Resourcing are working with their internal client on a great opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join the team. Working from within the UK on a international project the successful candidate will gain a contract with a minimum of a 12 month duration.
- Reporting to the lead civil engineer, you will be supporting a talented team of engineers and designers in delivering the next major iron project to required schedule and within budget.
- Support the technical delivery of all civil related elements relating including access roads, construction pads, bulk and detail earthworks associated with a new primary crusher, coarse ore stockpile, screening, secondary crusher, stockyards as well as general mining support infrastructure development.
Perform supporting tasks such as:
1. Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;2. Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;3. Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- Where opportunities arise, act as the civil engineering Lead on specific projects where the responsibility include:
1. Scope management2. Technical supervision of junior engineers3. Cross disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer's requirement
- Pro-actively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree
- 10 years plus experience in civil engineering design in the mining , energy and/or infrastructure sector is desirable but not necessary
- Familiar with bulk earthworks design, drainage and heavy pavement design is required
- Familiar with software such as MicroStation, AutoCAD and 12D would be beneficial but not necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service
Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client and its customers
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Exposure to developing civil design across challenging terrain in Pilbara ranges would be advantageous
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environment including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools
- Competent use of civil engineering specific software
- Worked with team with diverse background
- Substantial experience in delivering complex civil engineering project experience in working in multi disciplinary projects and teams