Senior Business Development Director for Offshore
Location: Houston, TX
We are recruiting for a client in the Oil & Gas Industry. This position is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, developing new business from existing customers as well as targeting new customers. The Business Development Director has responsibility for driving business growth through market intelligence, client insights and an account management focus across the North American Region and Resources Sectors in our client’s Offshore work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the growth and development of customer accounts through insight – driving rigour and bringing a complete Worley solution.
- Responsible for development and management of sales pursuits/relationships and strategic development of accounts.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors, accessing senior organizational levels
- Develop new business with existing customers and/or identify areas of improvement to meet business objectives and targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned customer accounts, internal operations, and sales team, and cultivate new customers as appropriate.
- Owns account plans and uses them as an engagement tool within the business
- Leads development of sales strategies and win plans to grow accounts.
- Track and share customer relationship developments and prospects utilizing customer relationship digital platform.
- Lead pricing strategy development and pricing reviews, develops bid and proposal estimates and manages proposal budgets.
- Negotiate contracts in collaboration with and support from operations, legal and risk.
- Enable strong relationships within and across the Worley Group such that we can deliver all of our capabilities to our customers
- Consistently advocates and adheres to sales process and procurement integrity guidelines.
- Represent Worley at marketing & conferences
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years’ business development experience in Energy, Chemicals, and Resources, or associated industries and credibility with customers and key stakeholders. Some of that experience must be associated with Offshore projects. Will consider candidates with Advisory, EPC or client-based experience.
- Experience with/background of asset life cycle, with a focus on sustainability
- Experience of successfully partnering with, and influencing client executives, senior management, and other key industry stakeholders
- Must possess a high level of commercial acumen, with an ability to articulate benefits in the solutions created at a variety of levels within the client organisations.
- Experience in both sales and projects and/or operations essential.
- Alignment with Worley’s values, drivers, and commitment to customer service.
- Strategic thinker who can develop and implement complex pursuit plans.
- Proactively manage and collaborate across a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural organization.
- Future focused and embracer of new technologies and bespoke solutions to address sustainability, the energy transition, digital realm and flexible commercial models of our clients.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance