Senior Advisor Licensing 20-099
2 Year Contract
We are currently representing a nuclear power generation client seeking a Senior Advisor Licensing 20-099.
- Support the Manager, Regulatory Affairs, and the Manager, Licensing Support, in acquiring the necessary federal and provincial permits, licenses and amendments for the construction, and operation of nuclear generating stations
- Maintain the regulatory interface in accordance with governance including the management of correspondence and the management of regulatory commitments
- Plan the application for licenses and amendments to licenses identifying the work to be performed by Licensing and by other parts of OPG
- Coordinate the work of Licensing
- Assemble and edit the components of applications prepared by various organizations into a coherent application
- Monitor and report progress versus plan
- Prepare applications for Site Preparation Licenses, Construction Licenses, and Operating Licenses for new nuclear generating stations and stations undergoing refurbishment
- Manage incoming and outgoing regulatory correspondence in accordance with governance and regulatory requirements
- Manage regulatory commitments in accordance with governance
- Evaluate new federal and provincial regulatory developments, trends and directions pertaining to plant life extension and new build
- Interpret federal and provincial regulatory requirements for plant life extension and new build
- Prepare for hearings on applications for new licenses and amendments, and environmental assessments
- Support the Manager in negotiations with federal and provincial regulators
- Coordinate work with staff at sites and in the corporate organization
- Communicate informally with regulatory staff regarding existing regulatory requirements, new regulatory requirements under consideration, and correspondence regarding plant life extension and new build
- Coordinate OPG’s response to issues raised by regulators
- Knowledgeable of regulatory codes and standards, and with their application to the design, construction, and operation of a nuclear generating plant, understanding of the relationships between technical requirements and regulatory requirements
- Prior experience interpreting regulatory standards and requirements to identify issues related to licensing in Canada and to ensure effective implementation of regulatory requirements
- Ability to understand the operating policies and principles of OPG, Nuclear, and to be generally knowledgeable of the interrelationships with the departments of the division and with the organization and operation of associated client groups
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of licensing experience, preferably at OPG
Contractors must operate as an Incorporated entity for this position.
About Energy Resourcing Canada
Energy Resourcing Canada Ltd. is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals and Emerging Technology.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Canada team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our clients across Canada.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, call the office on +1 403 301 3828 and ask to speak to the recruiter hiring for the role.