Position: Contract- 3 months
Location: Houston, TX (Work from Home)
Our client is currently recruiting for a contract Senior Accountant who will prepare the accounting entries necessary for monthly financial close including the mark to market of various energy commodities. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies between the energy trading risk system and the general ledger. Support trade settlement activities through sub-ledger and cash reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately prepare the monthly mark-to-market accounting and physical gas storage entries and work with the Trade Settlements team and commercial groups to resolve any variances between the risk system and general ledger.
- Prepare monthly accruals of settled energy transactions for the activity of affiliate companies.
- Assist with populating the consolidation system, including the preparation of monthly consolidated financial reporting packages.
- Review and analyze balance sheet accounts and prepare and maintain account reconciliations.
- Prepare intercompany billings and monitor intercompany receivables and payables
- Reconcile and process settlement activity for multiple commodities, including adjustments to AR/AP sub ledgers as required by the Trade Settlements team.
- Reconcile and record prior period adjustments.
- Ensure cash activity is accurately recorded so counterparty balances are properly reflected
- Compare estimates to actuals and analyze and explain variances.
- Prepare monthly sales by state monthly report for the Tax Department.
- Assist with the coordination of external and internal audits and work with other team members to ensure audit requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintain controls and documentation evidencing performance of established controls.
- Cross train with other team members and act as a back-up, as needed.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- 5-7 years of relevant accounting experience
- 3-5 years working in wholesale energy commodity market
- CPA preferred.
- Understanding of various commodity types and their settlement procedures
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in SAP accounting software
- Proficient in usage of all Microsoft product, and previous experience using energy trading risk management systems
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance