Sales Engineer/Estimator – Direct (Base + Bonus)
Location: Tomball, TX
Reports to: Applications and Estimating Manager
Department: Inside sales
Supervisory Responsibilities Y/N: N
Overview: Responsible for preparing cost estimates and write ups.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ESTIMATING FOR PRESSURE VESSEL MANUFACTURER OR PROCESS MODULAR EQUIPMENT.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
* Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents while exercising discretion and independent judgment with regard to significant business matters.
* Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
* Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
* Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Understands the principles of estimating, quantity takeoff, costing, and pricing
* Assists or performs change order estimates
* Prepares bid packages
* Interacts with vendors to obtain material quotes and maintain current vendor material costs log
* Provides detailed lists of criteria and any inclusions or exclusions in an estimate for use in written proposal to the customer
* Effectively communicates with Sales and Operations to maintain a consistent workflow
* Works with Sales and Project Managers to prepare pricing change requests
* Possess essential knowledge of industry specifications and standards such as AGA3, ASME Code (Section I, II, & VIII), ANSI (B31.3 & B31.1), NACE MR-0175, API …etc.
* Possess experience in Submittal Preparation and Specification Review
* Utilizes historical data
* Collects and correlates necessary project-related cost and schedule data needed to determine equipment, material, subcontract, labor, expenses, and such indirects as engineering, taxes, etc. (Ensures accuracy of estimates by working closely with Project Team members to understand scope and details of project)
* Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
* Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
* All other duties as assigned by management
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
High school diploma or equivalent
BS Degree in Engineering will be a Plus
Min 3 years of relevant experience.
Working knowledge of Autocad (basic), Excel, Word