Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Safety Engineer, located in our client's office in Meerssen, the Netherlands.
Safety Engineers are responsible for: Safety Engineering Management/ Regulatory Compliance/ Technical Safety/ Environmental Engineering/ Loss Prevention/ Human Factor Engineering/ Sustainability/ Noise* Carrying the responsibility for the project success and providing strong direction for the team.* Plans and manages the work, managing the financial aspects of the discipline, including the man-hour estimates and margin goals. Ensures effective management of change.* Understanding of project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, workhour control, innovation etc.* Be involved in development and implementation of activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department.* Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrating this by example.
For the role Safety Engineer significant technical experience and skills are requested in the following areas:
1. Safety* Safety studies, e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA;* Safety philosophies;* Hazardous area classification studies, ignition control;* Heat radiation calculations;* Safety reviews & risk assessments;* Fire Protection, Safety & loss prevention;* Consequence Assessments, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA);* Legislation & regulations.
2. Environment* Air, water, soil;* Emission calculations;* Dispersion;* Technology selection;* Permitting;* Noise.
3. Health* Ergonomics;* Human Factor Engineering;* Machine safety.
* Master's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or in another relevant engineering discipline from an internationally accredited university;* Experience of Safety Engineering work in the Energy Transition (Petro-) chemical industry (5/10 years)* Experience of Safety Engineering work for projects in the Netherlands* Fluent in Dutch and English* In the possession of driver's license* Familiar with Dutch, and International rules and regulations related to Safety Engineering
* Leadership skills in Safety Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-office projects.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Remko Monshouwer will be happy to help you at We look forward to your application!Apply Now