Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Safety Engineer Level II to join their client's London team on contract basis.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a large Gigafactory project which is purposely being built for our client.
This opportunity can be offered on an outside IR35 basis
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project as detailed in this job description.
- Assist with delivery of the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule and Master document register.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Providing input to the preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design
- Participation in and input to the various Hazard Studies
- Participate in Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Highlight to line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety activities and deliverables allocated are completed in line with project schedule.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support other offices with requests for Technical Safety assistance on an Ad-Hoc basis.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Scribe.
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience in one of the following areas: petrochemicals, refining, oil and gas desirable.
- EPCm experience is desirable
- Some experience in performing consequence modelling using proprietary software i.e. PHAST.
- HAZOP/HAZID/Scribing Experience
- Experience of producing typical safety deliverables on a project.
- Ability to travel
- Good communication and team working skill