The role is for a Safety Engineer within our Safety Engineering team. As part of a leading consultancy, you will successfully support delivery of Safety commissions with influence in the Energy sector. You will be supporting client projects and their ongoing operations, within the Oil & Gas industry, and increasingly associated energy transition and the Renewable industry.
Innovation is at the heart of our team, and we strive to continuously improve our capability and efficiency.
Our reputation is centred on delivering the right solutions to our clients' problems. We value the relationships we have with our clients: you would help to improve the engineering service we provide, and build close relationships with the client, founded on trust and delivery.
We are seeking applications from experienced professionals to join our world class team as a Safety Engineering consultant.
Foremost among your attributes you will be a great communicator with the drive and passion to develop your technical expertise in our industry leading team.
- Technical input for project delivery. Technical excellence is key to our success and you would help build on this tradition.
- Project engineering to ensure studies and projects are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets and schedules.
- Conducting consultancy safety scopes (in particular, experience in QRA, Formal Safety Assessments, COMAH, DSEAR, etc is essential) for major hazard industries.
- Consequence modelling using programs such as PHAST.
- Technical report authorship.
- Participation in HAZID, HAZOPs, LOPAs and other risk assessment workshops.
- Direct engagement with clients and developing strong relationships with existing and future clients.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject.
- Working towards chartership with a relevant institution (with sufficient experience to complete this within approximately one year).
· We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects. You will be passionate and driven to improve the way we do things and deliver above and beyond to clients. You will be a proactive team player with excellent problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
· Highly organised and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
· Experience working in Process/Technical Safety, preferably in the Energy industry.
· Experience in risk and safety management.
· Strong understanding of the fundamentals of QRA and other safety techniques, including consequence analysis (preferably PHAST), with proven experience in conducting such studies.
· Familiar with relevant legislation and industry standards and able to apply this knowledge and advise clients in relation to these, such as COMAH, DSEAR, Safety Case Regulations etc.
· Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard.
· Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with proven ability to work to deadlines.
· Experience of contributing to successful bids and proposals.
· Track record of adding value through innovation.
· The ability to show initiative and work independently where appropriate.