We are looking for a Rotating Machinery Engineer, to join one of the market-leading oil and gas operators on a 4-month contract.
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Offshore, North Sea
The Rotating Machinery Engineer will have ownership of critical rotating equipment packages, and conduct planned, corrective and preventative maintenance with a primary focus on Power Generation and Gas Compression systems. In addition, they will provide support with critical pumps and Diesel Emergency Generators packages. Ensuring a safe and reliable operation, delivering production targets.
- Perform all rotating equipment maintenance in accordance with Performance standards, planned maintenance routines, procedures and guidelines.
- Be proficient in the use of Maximo for maintenance. To raise and plan work orders, assign materials and resources. Following the completion of the task, ensure job history is accurately recorded and any follow-up work orders are raised.
- Continually improve the quality of the maintenance through the use of the Maximo Data Change (MDC) function. Raise maintenance deferrals as required, ensuring appropriate plans and mitigation are in place.
- To be able to identify when an engineering change is required and raise the necessary change request within Maximo. Liaise with onshore discipline engineers as required.
- Act as Performing Authority and be competent in the use of the Proscient (Permit to Work) System to ensure that appropriate WCCs are raised for maintenance tasks.
- Manage the offshore spare part inventory and consumable stock levels. Send defective equipment/ parts back onshore for repairs and track progress.
- Inspect the condition of the rotating equipment daily and gather daily watch-keeping readings. Perform first line analysis to identify any parameter deviations and report to the Maintenance Team Lead/ Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Conduct maintenance on gas turbines and ancillaries. Ensure repairs are conducted in accordance with approved work instructions (Health Care/ Combustion Inspection/ Hot Path Gas Inspection).
- Conduct gas turbine borescope inspections and produce detailed reports in accordance with OEM acceptability criteria.
- Conduct maintenance on the gas compressor packages and ancillaries. Ensure repairs are conducted in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and competency in the operation of compressor wet and dry seal systems. To be able to use a systematic approach to fault-find and troubleshoot seal issues.
- Monitor the performance and operation from control systems and equipment to detect early performance deterioration. Liaise with onshore Rotating Equipment Engineer for support.
- Be familiar and able to conduct condition monitoring techniques. This includes the collection of vibration data collection, lube oil sample collection. Be able to conduct first-line analysis of the data to identify potential issues and raise follow-up correctives accordingly.
- Act as the offshore focal point for vendor visits, ensuring that the equipment is ready to work on, appropriate permits in place and that all materials are available. Oversee and assist during repairs, modifications, and overhauls.
- Be competent in the make-up of small-bore tubing fittings and management of small-bore tubing.
- Record and maintain records of reliability & availability of rotating equipment
- Support the Rotating Equipment Engineer by gathering information or data required to support investigations.
- Operate as part of an integrated maintenance team, assisting works on other equipment within limits of capabilities and experience
- Assist with reviews and development of relevant procedures, PM routines, and risk assessments
- Generate ideas for cost-saving/efficiencies to minimize maintenance costs. Providing feedback for analysis of maintenance trends or delays and suggesting causes and solutions
- Provide a daily report detailing rotating equipment operational issues, work carried out, and projected plan. Update and complete handover at end of the trip for back-to-back.
- Undertake administrative tasks to support the role as required.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Relevant mechanical engineering degree
- Previous experience of mechanical and rotating equipment maintenance, condition monitoring and control system interfaces is essential.
- Relevant offshore/onshore experience of hydrocarbon processing and utilities plant and associated legislation.
- Detailed knowledge of gas turbine, gas compression and the Diesel emergency generators.
- Experienced working knowledge in use of Maximo.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, etc.