Energy Resourcing is recruiting on behalf of Worley for a Risk Management Analyst to join our UK team on a permanent staff basis. This role will be working remotely, with some travel to a local Worley office required (London, Manchester, Stockton or Aberdeen). This role would suit a candidate with some experience in applying risk management on live projects within new energy, petrochemical, refinery or oil and gas industries and you will support several Worley project teams, including New Energy, chemicals, Fuels and Resources and our UK framework agreements. Some travel across Europe is expected too.
To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of all Risk Management activities and associated documents on multiple concurrent project scopes either within a significant project or within a wider portfolio.
Ensure application of Risk Management process to assigned projects throughout their full lifecycles.
Key aims and objectives:
- Actively facilitate / initiate the establishment and maintenance of Risk Management activities on projects, highlighting any potential opportunities for improvement.
- To deliver appropriately detailed Risk Management activities for multiple project scopes and manage these concurrently.
- To assess the above Risk Management deliverables performance / output and to reporting and rectifying / escalating any variances or issues.
Prime responsibilities and duties:
- To promote and build good working relations within the internal and external teams.
- To be fully conversant with the application and use of Worley Risk Management suite of tools and chosen software applications.
- To carry out all delegated work in compliance with relevant Worley Risk Management processes and procedures.
- To prepare, update and maintain project Risk Management activities, throughout the project lifecycle and across the Risk Management process:
- To ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated Risk Management Plans and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- To provide guidance to Project personnel in defining Risk Management objectives based on project objectives and support application of the risk process.
- To utilise a number of risk identification techniques in order to facilitate risk identification sessions.
- To develop and implement risk assessment criteria as part of a project risk register.
- To assist Risk Owners with the selection of appropriate risk response strategies and development of action plans to address identified risks.
- To assist project or functional personnel in the familiarisation and consistent application of Risk Management software tools and associated process.
- To facilitate Risk workshops and develop project Risk Registers which act as repositories for all risk related information.
- To conduct Cost / Schedule Risk Analysis Workshop sessions, facilitating workshops, building bespoke models and interpreting associated outputs for communication / review.
- To support senior Risk Management personnel in the use of Decision Analysis on projects where applicable.
- To ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated reports and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- BA or BSc degree (min. 2:1) in Risk Management, alternative subjects considered can include: Project Management, Engineering, other analytical disciplines
- Previous Risk experience, i.e. responsible for a medium sized project(s) or similar sized sub-element(s) of a more extensive project
- Familiarisation with specialist Risk Management systems / software, i.e. MCS software
- Demonstrable interest in the relevant project industry and / or cross-over experience from a comparable technical industry
- Extensive working Risk related knowledge of the Worley industry / business line
- Knowledge of various industry Risk Management software / applications available
- Experience in internal project delivery processes and procedures
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Good communicator
- Demonstrable good understanding presentation skills
- Confident and sufficiently assertive to lead group workshops
- General risk awareness and interest
- Willingness to learn and continually improve