Research and Engineering Associate
Research and Engineer Associate
San Diego/ LA/ Folsom,CA
Our client is seeking a Research and Engineering Associate to become a Modeling Expert for our new software platform. This is a permanent opportunity with a well-established independent consulting firm. If you are looking for an opportunity to directly contribute to a renewable-based world, please review and apply today!
- You will be expected to provide support to the mathematical modelling and optimization
- You will be a key member; supporting and leading DER and microgrid engineering studies for our clients.
- Support the development, testing, and demonstration of new DER and microgrid software design capabilities
- Conceptualize, develop, and write microgrid and DER studies based on new software
- Communicate with industry partners, suppliers and clients.
- Able to combine innovation and creativity with an understanding and application of real world constraints
- Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (MS or Ph.D will be considered an asset) with experience in power flow studies, or an engineering science relevant to distribution grids, distributed energy resources, and microgrids
- Experience using modelling tools such as DER-CAM, OpenDSS, HOMER, PSS/E
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct and perform collaborative team work, and interact with a broad range of partners and colleagues
- Experience in preparing technical reports.
We are looking for someone who is creative, curious, innovative, and independent. If this sounds like you, and you have the qualifications, please reach out today!