Reliability Rotating Equipment Engineer
Location: Freeport, Texas
Our client is seeking a Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineer for their Performance Products Division to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The reliability engineer will partner with and support operations through identification and reduction and/or elimination of production losses and high maintenance cost assets; support and engage in the management of risk to the achievement of Freeport Ethyleneimines strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and production; and be accountable for the engineering required for the design, procurement, and the maintenance of equipment, equipment records and associated drawings.
This role is an active, full-time member of the team located in Freeport, Texas. As the Rotating Equipment and Reliability Engineer you will:
- Responsible for Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance as it relates to mechanical integrity, engineering design, relief devices, process safety information, maintenance related procedures and all applicable document retention requirements
- Make periodic inspections of all equipment within assigned units and assists in the maintenance, modification, or improvement of said equipment including proper documentation and regulatory change management.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and engineering repair recommendations for all plant stationary and rotating equipment within the areas assigned.
- Develop and manages Mechanical Reliability KPIs. Facilitates reliability team including reporting of metrics and performance utilizing SAP . Drive reliability improvements to achieve and/or surpass Key Performance Indicator targets
- Project manager for equipment repairs and new equipment procurement and installations
- Provide the production and process engineering departments with technical assistance and written instructions concerning the maintenance and proper operation of mechanical equipment within the areas assigned
- Lead root cause activities for stationary and rotating equipment failures : Focus on Sundyne diaphragm pumps, centrifugal pumps , and seals
- Responsible for engineering and procurement specifications for equipment within the units assigned.
- Manage the engineering support and supervision as required for unit inspections and maintenance turnarounds
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assist other employees in accomplishments of clients company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
- Participate in and completes company-required training programs.
The candidate must have an unrestricted right to work for our client in the United States Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical degree with experience in Rotating equipment, OR., 10+ years if significant experience in field rotating equipment management and reliability improvement programs in lieu of the degree.
- 5+ years of experience working in the shop and in the field examining equipment, determining the root cause of failure, developing improvements, and implementing them.
- 2+ years of experience reading and acting on machine vibration analysis, lubrication analysis, equipment performance checks via daily rounds, implementing a seal improvement plan.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance experience.
- 1+ years of Petrochemical manufacturing experience.
- Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced PC skill
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance