Refinery Operations Manager
Position: Direct Hire
Location: Heidelberg, MS
Energy Resourcing is recruiting for a Refinery Operations Manager for a petroleum refinery in Heidelberg, MS. This company includes oil and gas exploration and production, refining, LNG, power, renewables, real estate, ranching and infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day Operations, Maintenance, Laboratory, and Project work for the Refinery
- Facilitate the development of safe operating procedures for the refinery.
- Provide leadership surrounding the coordination of training programs for all personnel.
- Provide input to the development of the refinery operating run plan and responsible for implementing finalized run plan.
- Provide guidance in setting the annual refinery expense budget.
- Ensure timely approval of purchase requisitions and invoices
- Steward the Refinery expense budget including reconciliation and forecasting to ensure operating within the expense budget.
- Provide guidance during evaluation of operating department employees and facilitate the selection process for department promotions.
- Assist in the prioritization of maintenance work
- Maintain knowledge of HRC Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that HRC Policies and Procedures are followed throughout Operating areas.
- Ensure the Refinery is adequately staffed for safe operations.
- Monitor operation of the Refinery for proper performance.
- Steward Refinery performance on a daily basis.
- Ensure that an accurate record of operating department activities is kept.
- Supply routine management updates of any abnormal operational activity that deviates from or may alter the operating plan.
- Provide guidance for troubleshooting operational issues and deviations to run plan activities
- Promote the identification of safety improvements, maintaining good housekeeping, and facilitate the coordination of safe operating practices with the safety department
- Investigate and review near misses and accidents and make recommendations, when possible, to eliminate their reoccurrence.
- Know emergency response duties and respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Provide input in maintaining an adequate emergency response plan.
- Ensure that Refresher Training Program is kept updated with current operations
- Coordinate operating activities in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Prepare performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Coordinate disciplinary action for all employees.
- Develop the capital budget including required tank and turnaround costs.
- Develop turnaround work scopes, timelines, and cost estimates.
- Manage the Refinery turnaround activities
- Stay abreast of and ensure operations department notify the Environmental Department to meet reporting requirements under local, state, or federal requirements.
- Make recommendations and implement adjustments concerning the operating department organizational structure.
- Coordinate supervisory coverage for non-routine or emergency activities.
- Coordinate activities with other company departments.
- Make recommendations for improvement of operating equipment, techniques, and policies.
- Stay abreast of changes and improvements in operational technology.
- Ensure Management of Change Program is being properly applied in all operating areas
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of ten years of refining and processing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in process unit capabilities.
- Proficient in use of electronic resources to operate and manage the Refinery including office software applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, common scientific and technical/professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and detailed design and/or construction drawings.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance