We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our local Aberdeen client on a permanent basis.
Quantity Surveyors are responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects. They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
Cost Control & Reporting: –
- Compiling of monthly valuations & submission
- Monthly invoicing
- Variation / additional works control.
- monthly cost reporting to gross margin for all contracts within remit.
- collation of monthly WIP & Stock figures
- Investigation of any fluctuation within the report, liaising with relevant personnel to assist & resolve discrepancies at all levels.
- Sanction estimates
- Constructability reviews
- Final estimates
- Internal audit schedule reviewing, but not limited to:
- WIP / Debt
- Site Record Keeping
- Cost control measures
- Contractual understanding
- Conformity with internal processes
Sub Contracts: –
- Management and placement of subcontracts
- Assisting were required in the valuation of subcontracts
- Providing advice on Group intercompany trading.
- Commercial Risk Management
- Review and understand contract documents from tender stage to completion and closeout.
- Attend pre-contract/tender negotiations as & when requested
- Review contract documents post-tender/pre-contract
- Assist other departments e.g. accounts with debt collection
- Assisting where necessary with contractual/formal letters as requested
Other Areas: –
- Understanding of rate build up’s and how to compile
- Initiate & pursue formal dispute procedures e.g. adjudication
- Liaise with legal representatives where matters require legal input e.g., Solicitors or Counsel.
- Problem solve poorly performing contracts & Facilitate payment of problem invoices
- Transfer management of costs and sales
- General day to day assistance to sites
Qualifications, Training & Certificates
- Degree qualified or equivalent QS qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge of contracts / commercial processes and documentation
- Good MO / Spreadsheet skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Flexible/Adaptable approach
- Good Team Worker
- Organisational Skills