Quality Auditor- Pipelines –
Primary Location: USA-TX-Houston
Reporting Manager Title: Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Lead, Quality Assurance – Audit Team, the Auditor – Quality Assurance will be responsible for the development and implementation of project audit checklist, notification forms, conducting and reporting on Quality audits.
* Making final preparations for the audit in accordance with approved audit notification package including recommendations for travel and coordination of accommodations (at site) as required
* Preparing the audit checklist based on the scope of the audit and the auditee’s corresponding Plans, Procedures, Work Instructions, etc., and forwarding to the respective Area Quality Lead for inclusion in the audit notification package
* Reviewing previous audit reports (as applicable) including the resolution of any NCRs that were issued and verifying their status
* Finalizing audit reports and confirming validity of audit findings
* Leading opening and closing meetings during the audit
* Conducting the audit by interviewing key personnel involved with the activities and asking open ended questions as guided by the audit checklist and recording responses
* Obtaining guidance from the SME for technical issues that arise during the audit
* Obtaining approval for the audit report from the Quality Lead – Project Auditing
* Tracking actions by the Auditee to resolve issues related to nonconformances or Opportunities for Improvement (OFIs) that have been issued
* Perform all duties adhering to safe work practices
* Report any suspicious activities observed on the project site to the Field Security specialist
* Report any situation where it is believed that the environment may be at risk to the Environmental representative.
* Will immediately stop work activity and notify supervision of unsafe conditions and/or acts.
Required Technical and Industry Experience:
* Post-secondary education or the equivalent experience.
* At minimum, hold a certification as an Internal Auditor under ISO 9001:2015 or a minimum of 5 years auditing experience on major construction projects.
* PMP designation would be an asset but not mandatory.
* Attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, High level customer service and relationship building capabilities, Data management and organizational skills
* Business acumen in major technical disciplines (Engineering, Materials, Quality, Safety, Environmental, Construction)
* Demonstrate expertise in auditing internal programs under the NEB (CER) Onshore Pipeline Regulations and be familiar with the regulations and applicable codes and industry best practices.
* Demonstrate familiarity with the following regulatory requirements; ISO 9001:2015, ABSA, CSA Z662-15
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of TOMS, Quality Management Program and Project Delivery Standards, Engineering standards and procedures
* Demonstrate understanding on how to locate the codes regulations and processes when necessary.
* Demonstrate ability to effectively audit management systems, develop and implement management systems, establish quality requirements and execute continual improvement activities.
* Demonstrate experience in conflict resolution, negotiation skills with experience in influencing upward.
* Demonstrate ability to function effectively in a collaborative environment and be proficient in the latest software and auditing techniques.
* Demonstrate proven skills in auditing programs, projects in the planning stage, supplier performance audits and construction audits at the project site.
* 3 plus years of work experience in Quality, Risk or HSE