Position: 1099 Contract
Location: Houston, TX
Energy Resourcing is looking for a QA/QC Manager for the Suez Petro-Refinery project. The Project involves the processing of around 4,000 KTPA of imported crude oil in a refinery to produce refined products and petrochemical feedstock, and the subsequent production of various petrochemical products for the domestic and export markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents 'best value' for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
- Provides overall guidance from a Quality perspective to the Project to ensure that the Project Quality Management System is established and implemented into the overall Project execution strategy.
- Close monitoring of EPC / FEED Contractor to ensure that Project Quality objectives are met.
- Provides leadership to the PMC Quality resources, EPC / FEED Contractor and their respective teams.
- Ensure that a proper system for QA/QC records is established and maintained by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
- Ensure that all EPC / FEED Contract specifications, codes and standards are available.
- Check the Quality aspects of critical procurement requisitions and relevant purchase orders affecting quality.
- Review all documents related to QA/QC activities.
- Establish and maintain the Project Quality Management System in accordance with ISO9001 and the requirements of the PMC and EPC / FEED Contracts.
- Develop the Project Quality Plan based on the Project scope of work and execution strategy and all other relevant Project specific procedures.
- Manage the development of PMC Quality plans and procedures.
- Develop and manage the QA/QC organization and the resource plan.
- Implement a Quality Assurance program to monitor adherence and identify improvement to the QMS.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Quality issues during the EPC / FEED phase of the works.
- Coordination with PMC Construction Engineers in different disciplines during the Construction phase for their tasks related to Quality Management activities.
- Ensuring that the Project quality procedures are established, maintained and implemented by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
- Advising the PMC team on questions of quality, collaborating in the definition of objectives and pursuing them.
- Implement Project audit program, setting clear terms of reference and follow-up audit action items.
- Scheduling and conducting Project internal quality audits on EPC / FEED Contractor activities.
- Issuing Audit Reports, monitoring and administering the closure of actions.
- Witnessing Quality Audits conducted by the EPC / FEED Contractor.
- Detecting, identifying and recording quality problems and accordingly issuing Project Non-Conformity Reports (NCR)and Observations to Project Management and theEPC / FEED Contractor.
- Reviewing and approving EPC / FEED Contractor's quality documents e.g.
- Review/Approve Project Quality plan.
- Review/Approve Quality Control Procedures.
- Ensure EPC / FEED Contractor's QA/QC personnel are appropriately qualified.
- Carry out review and approval of EPC / FEED contractor's and their nominated Subcontractors' "W.Q.T.", "P.Q.R." and "W.P.S.".
- Ensure calibration system for inspection, measurement and test measuring equipment is in accordance with EPC / FEED Contract requirements.
- Monitor N.D.T. activities to ensure that these activities are incorporated with the overall Construction Plan.
- Review and approve the Inspection and Test Plan and witness major activities.
- Ensure the implementation of the Project Quality Plan for the EPC / FEED Contract.
- Participating in reviewing the Project Execution Plan (PEP) prepared byEPC / FEED Contractor and ensuring that it addresses the applicable quality requirements tofulfill the overall Project requirements. The Project Execution Plan shall include all applicable forms that are needed to track and follow-up the Project requirements i.e. transmittal logs, control sheets, reports, inspection forms, follow up logs andNCR logs.
- Monitor the performance of third-party Inspectors assigned for inspection activities at Vendor's premises.
- Ensure that the quality systems of Vendors and Sub-vendors is evaluated by EPC / FEED Contractor and complies with the Project Quality standards.
- Ensure the auditing of quality system of Vendors and Sub-vendors, by EPC / FEED Contractor, as applicable.
- Ensure that corrective and preventive actions raised under NCR's are implemented to address the root cause (as applicable) and to prevent recurrence. Follow-up NCRs until close-out.
- Develop the structure and requirements to be addressed in the monthly quality report to be issued byEPC / FEED Contractor.
- Review and approve the monthly quality report issued by EPC / FEED Contractor.
- Highlight on a weekly basis and where necessary on daily basis, the Project quality management system issues that need to be addressed by Project Management and the Owner.
- Provide support to PMC Management with investigation of any QA/QC concerns and communicate the findings accordingly.
- Identifying appropriate continuous improvement processes.
- Monitor and independently report to the Project management on the effectiveness of the QMS and provide recommendations for management review.
- Provide support to ensure that a Project lessons learned process is implemented.
- Provide regular feedback to Project management and key stakeholders, including lessons learned.
- Review the Quality Management System to be implemented by the EPC / FEED Contractor to ensure conformity during the execution of their scope of work.
- Review and comment on Vendor's and EPC / FEED Contractor's QA/QC Plans and Inspection and Test Plans and act as a point of contact between the PMC and the EPC / FEED Contractor for Quality related issues.
- Manage interface issues and coordinate Inspection activities provided by any out-sourced Quality activities (e.g. Third-Party Inspection and Accreditation Service Providers etc.)
- Monitor the performance of EPC / FEED Contractor and Subcontractors with respect to Quality.
- Manage QC witness tests during testing/welding as per relevant EPC / FEED Contractor's ITP.
- Ensure all Project personnel are aware of Project Quality practices and their requirements.
- Must have 10+ years experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- Must have 5+ years in a Management role in QA/QC
- Must have relevant EPC experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Must have large project experience
- Must be okay with travel
- Must be able to work as a 1099 contractor
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance