Energy Resourcing are currently searching for a QA/QC Enigineer to join a world leading Engineering client based at Grangemouth on a 12 month contract.
Scope of Responsibilities
* Will report to the Quality Manager / Project Manager.
* Ensure that Quality Control activities are conducted in accordance with the Project Specifications and Procedures and Contractor's quality plans.
* Participate in compilation and review of Project Inspection and Test Plans, ensuring that Company and Contractor surveillance, witness, hold points, etc. are indicated as agreed.
* Providing advice, guidance and input during Project procedure preparation.
* Develop Project Quality Procedures as requested by the Project Manager.
* Assisting with the set-up and standardisation of project specific templates.
* Liaise with, advise and assist the Construction Manager and Construction personnel on all matters relating to Quality Assurance Activities.
* Providing QA/QC weekly and monthly Status Reports, and as required by the Project Controls Manager / Project Manager.
* Participating in Risk Management evaluations, as required.
* Establishing and monitoring a QA Actions Tracking Log, when required
* Establishing and maintaining the project Audit programme.
* Perform the execution of Quality Management Audits in accordance with the project audit programme. This will include site groups, Contractors and Vendors.
* Undertake external compliance audits of Contractor and Vendor quality systems as requested.
* Maintain the non-conformance register and ensure that non-conformance reports are issued to the appropriate Superintendents for action.
* Identification and close-out of non-conformities and observations identified through auditing activities.
* Assuring adequate, effective and on-time closure of corrective and improvement actions.
* Participate in the review of technical submissions from Vendors and Contractors to assess their capability for meeting the Project Quality Assurance requirements.
* Attend the meetings of Company and Contractors to report on and resolve QA/QC matters.
* Representing and acting as the focal point at audits conducted by an external organisation.
* Ensure that all inspection notifications are advised to Company 24 hrs. before time of inspection.
* Maintain records of inspection notifications to Company.
* Ensure Superintendents and Contractor personnel are aware of and enforce Quality Control Records sign off requirements, and Inspection and Test Plan surveillance, inspection and hold points, etc.
* Ensure that Contractors performing welding carry out all weld procedural tests before starting work, in accordance with project specifications and the agreed Inspection and Test Plan.
* Weekly review the status of all itemised welding Quality Control Records with the welding QC database operator, identifying and progressing all overdue records.
* Ensure all Quality Control Records are filed in the relevant System, and Area order, in the offices of the Contractor or Vendor.
* Weekly review the status of all itemised Quality Control Records with the Systems Completion database operator, identifying and progressing all overdue records.
* Monitor the compilation of Contractor inspection records and ensure timely completion of same.
* Consider the financial implications of all work undertaken, recommend action which will reduce the cost of any job provided that such action is compliant with the Project Change Management Process and will ensure the quality of the work required.
* Answer incoming correspondence at the request of the Project Manager / Quality Manager / Construction Manager.
* Support the assurance process to CDM duty holders.
* Providing support to the Lessons Learnt Programme.
* Providing support to completions management
QA/QC EngineerHNC Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent technical qualificationISO 9001 Lead Auditor Qualification.Must have recent experience of QA/QC works on brownfield construction projects. IOSH training or equivalent is desirable