Energy Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Inspector on a contract basis at our client site in Whitby.
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector - Electrical and Instrumentation are responsible for determining that the work completed by the Sub-contractors, Vendors, and Supplier is to the standards determined and specified by the Project at their allocated work area and within both the Electrical and Instrumentation disciplines.
This will include:
- witnessing tests performed
- verification of field installation against specifications/standards/drawings/scopes
- reporting of progress and completion of system walk-downs; and
- continuous improvement via NCR identification, RCA, and action
- Performs field verification of electrical and instrumentation discipline QA/QC processes including:
- intervention points associated with Inspection and Test plans (ITPs).
- in-process inspections, surveillances and ensures timely action is taken to complete relevant tasks.
- Complete electrical and instrumentation system acceptance walk-downs with constructors to punch-list and obtain mechanical completion for handover to Commissioning/Completions.
- Monitors constructor testing and performance metrics and escalates trends for action.
- Manage documents and records relating to discipline QA/QC including certifying tests, inspections, NCRs, and reports. Reviews and approves discipline QA/QC documentation submitted for the construction works, including, but not limited to Constructor ITPs, ITRs, and MRB.
- Monitors subcontractor preservation and control of equipment (including IMT&E).
- Identifies Opportunities for Improvement and Non-conformance events and advises remediations required with the intent to continuously improve quality outcomes on the project.
- Completes own internal reporting requirements and supports manager to deliver regular Quality reports.
- Strong knowledge of relevant national and international standards and codes for electrical and instrumentation disciplines (e.g. BS, EN, ISO, ATEX.)
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and achieve project goals and milestones.
- Good understanding of Quality Management System methods and workflow relationships.
- Auditing experience.
- Experience in a QC role in a heavy industrial or construction environment.
- Previous construction experience within the mining or heavy engineering industries would be an advantage.
- HND / HNC qualification in electrical and instrumentation
- Degree in one or both noted disciplines
- Qualification in management system auditing
- Good knowledge of Industry SHE working practices and procedures, and willing to influence safe outcomes in the field
- Proven background in construction and completions software
- Strong foundation in general business IT systems
- Supervisory management skills
- Team player
- Excellent organization/ leadership and communication skills.