Our client are the PMC for the development of a major green ammonia production facility in Europe to design and construction the project as part of a sustainable future.
They seek to recruit a Project Manager based in Copenhagen to be part of this fantastic green energy transitional project. The PMC will oversee the EPC contractors design scopes and travel to the EPC offices in Europe will be required to oversee the project designs.
As Project Manager of a large greenfield energy transitional project you will have a strong background in the delivery of large greenfield process plant developments, hydrogen projects or alternatively within offshore wind, battery or energy storage
This is a dynamic role that will require not only a broad technical understanding of process type projects but also a willingness to work differently. The project team will be looking to deliver projects using innovative business models and utilising existing, and developing new, digital solutions and design automation.
As Project Manager, you will be a crucial contributor to the performance of the business unit. You'll take responsibility on the project for;
- Driving and leading best practice in all safety matters
- Cultural awareness (and emotional intelligence) when communicating internally and externally across a diverse set of geographies and people
- Willingness to share, learn, teach and collaborate with other project managers and staff, mentoring junior staff where necessary
- Developing, maintaining and improving customer relationships
- Monitoring project performance
- A degree in engineering (Masters/Project Management qualifications beneficial)
- Several years experience in Engineering and/or Project Management
- A passion for being a part of the energy transition and project ownership
- Greenfield project development experience - for example site selection, cooperating with EIA consultants, stakeholder engagement, site surveys and concept/basic design
- Direct experience in a relevant technical area e.g. contributing/delivering technical projects in offshore wind, hydrogen, energy storage etc.
- An ability to manage teams across multiple delivery locations, bringing the team together as one
- Good account management skills
- Demonstrable experience in project management fundamentals (cost, risk, schedule and contractual management, change control etc)
- Engineering consultancy-type experience - and leading/delivering front-end consultancy type proposals/reports
- Experience with commercial terms and WBS/hours estimation for cost control.