Project Manager – Environmental
12 month contract
Kitimat, British Columbia
Our client a global mining giant is seeking a Project Manager in the Assets Under Management (AUM) team to be responsible to manage projects related to Assets Under Management “Other Environmental Liabilities”(OEL).
Duties and Responsibilities
This role is a great opportunity to work within a dynamic project team environment. Working a typical Monday to Friday schedule and reporting to the AUM Super-intendant, you will:
- Ensure compliance to all HSE regulations and standards and work to Rio Tinto safety standards to promote the “Zero Harm” safety culture.
- Execute of the OEL AUM projects: deliver projects in compliance with environmental standards, safety standards, schedule, cost and scope.
- Use and promote the proper tools and practices to ensure proper project governance and deliver efficient project management according to Rio Tinto project framework.
- Manage a small team consisting of project assistants and construction supervisors for project delivery.
- Establish and maintain effective networks through collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead solution oriented problem-solving across a broad range of situations including change management, incident investigations, operational readiness and negotiations with stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Demonstrated leadership skills to successfully manage complex projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience preference for Environmental or Civil Engineers
- An environmental background and knowledge of British Columbian and Canadian environmental regulation and its application is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a production and/or industrial environment including 3 years of experience in a project management role.
- Project Management Training (PMP or Masters’ in Project Management) is an asset.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance