Project Manager Compliance
Our client is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group’s international offshore development.
You will have a key role within the Offshore Development Team leading the delivery of consents and consent compliance for large-scale offshore wind projects in the UK. Working for the EA Hub Offshore Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the delivery of
Offshore Consent Compliance:
For the East Anglia Hub Offshore Windfarms and Offshore Transmission Owner (OFTO) grid connection works during pre-construction, construction and operational phases.
The role encompasses all aspects of offshore consent compliance through scoping strategies and management plans, defining and managing surveys works and mitigation, obtaining further consents, managing package consent commitments, auditing project compliance with commitments, all necessary statutory stakeholder engagement, project financial approvals and budgetary control.
Leading and managing a number of multi-disciplinary project teams will be a key feature of the role. Establishing, fostering and maintaining team spirit and morale through periods of intense workload and activity will be a critical feature.
You will be working as part of a global business based in the UK. The position will require frequent travel to various site locations.
- Management of process to discharge consents for Windfarm and OFTO works, in line with the agreed schedules and budgets.
- Agreement, management and forecasting of necessary budgets.
- Production of workscopes and specifications for delivery of onshore and offshore consent compliance at all stages of a project as necessary, and manage the completion of these on time and on budget.
- Management of consultants and legal inputs as necessary.
- Input to all commercial agreements and contracts to ensure project risks are mitigated.
- Management of tender processes and tender assessment for surveys, studies and technical support and take forward recommendations for business approval.
- Liaison and coordination with engineering packages, consultants and contractors delivering the construction and operation of the project.
- Contribution to the identification and management of risks, issues and impacts to the projects.
- Work with Stakeholder Manager and Environment Manager.
- Work with wider offshore development team to ensure effective liaison with National Government and regulatory authorities
- Lead consultation with regulators and key stakeholders required for consent compliance where necessary.
- Lead and manage input from investment partners where necessary.
- Lead and participate in identification and implementation of consenting / compliance strategies.
- Ensure high levels of quality control throughout process.
- Ensure that the projects maintain high levels of health and safety standards.
Skills & Requirements:
- Relevant development experience within a multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Relevant experience in development of offshore windfarms and offshore grid connection works.
- Relevant experience in management multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of the UK Consenting processes for Offshore Windfarms, particularly the regulatory framework and consenting process and awareness of construction methods and requirements.
- Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact.
- Strong planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implement mitigating solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications as a minimum.
‘To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum’:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Environmental Management, Planning, Environmental Assessment or Environmental Engineering
- Relevant professional qualification
- Extensive relevant experience
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel around the various UK wide locations where projects are being developed