Project Manager Closures
12 month contract
Kitimat, British Columbia
We are looking for a Project Manager for a 12 month opportuntity to manage closure and strategic projects related to our client mining operation in Kitimat, BC. Contractors and Readiness program in accordance to the engineering project framework and takes the responsibility to deliver the expected results. Identified closure projects are strategic by the significant level of influence and management of change required to be successful across mining business unit. This role is a great opportunity for a safety-oriented and passionate leader to drive and optimize program performance in a fast-paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Land & Strategic Readiness Superintendent and working on a Monday to Friday schedule, you will be:
- * Working safely in accordance with mining safety standards – actively leading, and engaging in safety initiatives promoting our “Zero harm” safety culture;
- * Integrate HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) guiding principles to ensure the safety of employees and contractors while protecting the environment.
- * Deliver strategic project scopes meeting business and project sponsor needs, contributing to achieve business unit targets.
- * Maintain effective networks through collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, promote projects stakeholder’s involvement.
- * Initiate and lead activities related to management of change, operational readiness, demolition and rehabilitation.
- * Prepare, manage and control project costs and estimates, identify and execute best procurement strategies.
- * Manage project requirement records and reporting to be kept up to date and of a good quality.
- Please note: Fly-in-fly-out arrangements are not available.
- * A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- * Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or another relevant field.
- * A minimum of 10 years of experience in a production and/or industrial and/or project environment, including 3 years of project management experience
- * Demonstrated leadership skills to successfully manage complex projects
- * Knowledge of Canadian and British Columbia environmental regulation and application
- * Exposure to project management framework and portfolio management is an asset .
- Who we are Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services. Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- * we value Life
- * we Rise to the Challenge
- * we are Stronger Together
- * we Unlock Brilliance