Position: Contract-12 months with extension
Location: Deer Park, TX
We are recruiting for a client in the Engineering Procurement and Contract sector looking for a Project Manager to manage small capital projects. This Project Manager must have a chemical engineering background and will be working onsite at the plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as Owner's Representative for capital projects execution at terminal site. Manage ongoing portfolio of projects valued from $100K - $3MM
- Provide support for the management of projects from project submission (PIF) through final project closure (including scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation).
- Project scope consists of flow meter upgrades, tank chiller unit replacements, disposal unit filter replacement.
- Manage construction contractors for execution of field work in the piping, mechanical, electrical & instrumentation, civil/structural disciplines.
- Advocate for strong safety awareness with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings. Enforce strong safety culture and target zero Recordables.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures monthly. Also includes management of earned value metrics and project status updates in "EcoSys" project management database.
- Prepare bid packages and requests for proposals (RFP) for materials, equipment, and services. Condition bids received to ensure best-value vendor selection.
- Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources. Such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms.
- Oversee appropriate maintenance, retention, and modification of project records and controlled documents.
- Perform monthly goods receipts and invoicing reviews of equipment and service purchase orders.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-year Chemical Engineering degree required
- Must be a current TWIC card holder to work onsite
- Minimum of 5-15 years of experience within plant/ refinery Engineering discipline
- Familiar with plant / refinery processes
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management, managing onsite capital projects
- Small capital project experience managing a portfolio of projects within a plant environment
- Ability to work with and collaborate with various departments and vendors to oversee projects
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance