Position: 12-month contract
Location: Newburgh, Indiana
Looking for an onsite Project Manager to work at a local plant to drive/coordinate projects between the client funder and final owner. This individual will balance the client's needs and wants to ensure completion of project tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
- Researches, designs, assembles, and sends RFP, and oversees various assigned engineering projects and portions of projects; commissions and carries out start-up activities for maintenance as well as new capital and expansion projects.
- Helps provide research, plans, and designs for systems and capital projects, assists in directing and coordinating activities involved in operations applications, installation, and repair of mechanical, electrical and/or environmental projects and systems.
- Contributes to the design of other systems, instrumentation, controls, etc. used in operational systems; assists with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) development; investigates new/alternate technologies for plant maintenance or maintenance systems; researches and incorporates "best practices" into all technical aspects of projects.
- Specifies, procures, and expedites equipment and materials; assists in ensuring allocation of necessary resources.
- Develops, monitors, coordinates and controls annual expenses and capital budgets for technical projects.
- Develops scope, cost estimate, and schedule for assigned projects; executes assigned projects; performs construction management and coordinates project contractor activities with Operations and Maintenance.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience at a petroleum, chemical, aluminum or similar industry plant.
- 4-year college degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- Project management and/or experience with construction projects; experience budgeting and planning projects.
- In depth understanding of plant equipment including utility systems, equipment, tankage, pumps, etc; experience with coatings used in industrial applications.
- Experience researching best practices in safety, health, and environmental areas for engineering and construction.
- Ability to read, develop, and interpret engineering, construction and other technical specs, drawings, schematics, plans, and similar documents; ability to read and understand complex government regulations and translate/incorporate these requirements into terminal construction, engineering, and maintenance plans.
- Ability to translate technical plans into easy-to-understand laymen's terms and communicate such translations in clear terminology.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance