1 Year Contract
Our client in Kitimat is looking for a Project Manager for a one year contract with a possibility of extension. This is an opportunity to work in a world-class organisation with a variety of challenges for learning and growth. In this role you will have the ability to collaborate with leaders from multiple teams while honing your leadership skills.
We are looking for someone who is keen, eager to learn, and dynamic; we are open to more junior applicants. If this sounds like it matches your skillset, apply today!
- Ensure compliance to all HSE regulations and standards and lead by example.
- Support the execution of the AUM projects: project delivery in compliance with environmental requirements, safety, schedule, cost and scope. Achieve work targets.
- Use and promote the proper tools and practices to ensure compliant and efficient project management.
- Maintains good relations and drives collaboration with all project stakeholders in order to establish a collaborative and improvement culture.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in project management, systems and processes.
- Maintain effective networks through collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, promotes projects stakeholder’s involvement.
- Lead directly some important projects.
- Prepare, manage and control the project costs.
- Ensure procurement strategies, minimum technical solutions, rigorous cost control and cost reduction initiatives are set in place.
- Manage and mobilize actively an integrated project team.
- Participate in audits and clarification meetings with regulators in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- College/University Education: Relevant degree in engineering
- Environmental or Civil background and knowledge of environmental regulation and its application is an asset.
- Project Management Training (PMP or Masters’ in Project Management) is an asset.
- ≥3 years of experience in a production and/or industrial and/or project environment.
- Exposure to RT project management framework and portfolio management is an asset
We are open to any applicant with a Canadian Armed Forces background with good leadership abilities, regardless of technical knowledge and qualifications.
We are currently only looking for Canadian citizens/work permit holders/permanent residents that are willing to relocate, or are in the Kitimat/Terrace area.