Project Engineer – Midstream (Contract)
Start Date – Pending interview and selection, but ideally in the next 2-3 weeks
Duration – Long Term Contract – at least 18 month project with potential to go longer and move to other, future projects
Location – Houston, Texas (Beltway and Westheimer area) through the end of 2018, then in the field in Brazoria, TX in 2019
Midstream operator seeking Project Engineer to work with contract engineering firm to build out detailed, lump sum bid packages for storage cavern construction. Position will be contracted to an owner/operator company, but will be working out of engineering vendor’s office while putting bid packages together. Once bids are released, and construction firm is selected, this position will follow the project into the field to serve as an owner’s rep working in coordination with client, engineering and construction teams – will be based in the owner’s construction trailer on site in Brazoria. Ideal candidates will have experience building out construction bid packages for midstream terminals/caverns, and/or downstream experience with foundations, structural steel, pumps, pipe racks, vessels, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with current engineering vendor using their detailed designs to build up lump sum bid packages for release to construction contractors.
- Ensure bid packages are as thorough and complete as possible to help reduce the need for multiple future change orders.
- Work closely with the Project Manager during bidding phase to evaluate and select best firm for the work.
- Will follow PM out to the site when construction begins in early spring 2019 and work at the site daily until expected project completion in March/April 2020.
- Assist project team in checking & monitoring work at site to ensure that it complies with the approved designs and codes.
- May also assist on other, separate projects being handled by this team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering degree
- Must have experience in building out lump sum construction bid packages
- Must have experience working in both office and construction field environments
- Ideally have experience with projects up to $150M TIC
- Midstream owner / operator experience is a huge plus
- 7+ years Project Engineering/Project Management experience
- SAP experience is a plus
- Navisworks experience is a plus