Project Engineer – Chemical Plant (Contract)
Location – Elwood, IL
Leading manufacturer of polymers, surfactants, and other specialty chemicals is looking for a Project Engineer with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in chemical plant projects involving equipment installation. Ideal candidate will have experience with installation projects of storage tanks, pumps, electrical, instrumentation, concrete, etc. Will be working in both office and plant environments in Elwood, IL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project team to ensure estimates, designs, and scope of project are following budgetary and scheduling requirements
- Manage multiple projects (5-6 or more) at one time, ranging in TIC value from $50K through $2MM.
- Utilize FEL process in to get projects through final approval
- Oversee construction management functions in the field
- Estimate piping, electrical, instrumentation, steel, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering degree is a plus, or construction management degree
- Must be proficient in MS Project
- Must have experience working in both office and construction field environments
- Must have 5+ years Project Engineering/Project Management experience on chemical plant projects with equipment installation
- SAP experience is a plus
- Must be able to estimate
- Must be proficient in FEL process