Our client is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer that will be responsible for managing and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visibly support the company's One-Way Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE and client requirements included in design and procurement
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues as required with the client.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within the company's total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP and client.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to supporting and complying with the company's policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
- Set clear objectives to the design team and manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client's requirements and applicable regulations and codes.
- Assist as required the procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- A recognized engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
- Relevant discipline experience and experience as a Project Engineer or Project on brownfield / green field projects including but not limited to:
- Pipe design and Isometric experience
- Turnaround/Impact experience
- Relief design or safety instrumentation in design experience
- Construction engineer/management experience
- Familiarity with refinery Engineering standards
- Relative industrial manufacturing experience if no prior oil & gas experience
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Able to work issues to resolution and advance open design items with little direction
- Able to work and communicate with an EPC and multi-discipline project team
- Demonstrate safety and operations engineering values.
- Familiar with required PPE in an industrial environment. Able to conduct field visits inside an active plant environment while working safe
- Must be able to perform in unit walk downs for projects, climb stairs and ladders, and wear PPE (FRC's) if required
- Be comfortable using MS Office, Teams, SharePoint & other collaboration tools, and pipe/ mechanical design software
- Demonstrated leadership skills on small to medium sized projects, be capable of technical stewardship on projects
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance