Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Project Engineer with strong demolition/ closure of major projects experience to be supporting their end client's minerals processing project (believed to be largest closure project in the southern hemisphere). Initial contract is 12 months on a FIFO roster of 2 weeks ON 1 week OFF (11 hours a day).
- Review contractor work method statements and technical engineering deliverables including but not limited to engineering calculations associated with demolition activities, Engineering designs for strengthening or protecting existing assets and engineering reports.
- Co-ordinate and be the focal point with multi-disciplines within the client's owners team to resolve problems, consolidate feedback on reviews of engineering deliverables and provide concise educated directions to the demolition contractor.
- Complete in field verification safety audits on a regular basis for submission to the client.
- Facilitate workshop discussions with the contractor and owners' team stakeholders.
- Positive leadership and contribution to the owner's team/ contractors group and key stakeholders culture to build lasting relationships with both the client and the contractors onsite.
- Participate and contribute to weekly progress reviews (cost & program) and provide recommendations to the client for project improvements.
- A Civil / Structural or Mechanical engineer with 5-10 years' experience with an Engineering degree - preferably Civil or Mechanical
- Good hands on project experience in the energy and resources sector preferably with some knowledge of closure and demolition of large projects.
- Demonstrated experience with working in an owner's team or working with Demolition or demolition & closure contractors.
- Highly developed and open communication and influencing skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated experience and appreciation for working on a site in a high-risk environment. Experience in completion of risk assessments and providing safety leadership in a site-based environment.