Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Project Engineer to join our London team on a long term basis for a key leading international renewable contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a large Gigafactory project which is purposely being built for our client.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed safely, efficiently, cost-effectively and timely.
- Act as primary technical coordination interface with the client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Visibly support the client's One-Way Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements are included in design and procurement.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues as required with the client.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, and schedule issues with the client as they arise.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within the client's total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends, and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to supporting and complying with the client's policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Focus the relevant team members on the achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
- Set clear objectives for the design team and manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Ensure the design team is aware of and complies with, the client's requirements and applicable regulations and codes.
- Assist as required the procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specifications, are delivered on time, and are within budget.
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
- Engineering degree (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- A brief international experience, work or study related, would be a plus (intercultural/global and multi location awareness).
- Open minded, hands-on / can-do proactive attitude with willingness to develop a career into Project Delivery.