About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering organisation, is seeking Project Engineers to work on their end clients' iron ore or oil & gas and/or other mining minerals projects that they are supporting. This role will initially be based in their Perth city office, on an initial 12 months contract.
- Experience in compilation of contract tender documents, coordination of scope input from the disciplines, compilation of bidders lists, incorporation of internal and client comments, resolution of clarifications with bidders, production of bid summary documents and recommendation for award.
- Support development of Project Execution Plan and Project baseline
- Effective coordination of early study phases and detailed design, procurement support, material management, construction support to ensure project delivery in line with agreed execution plan and commercial baselines
- Effective coordination of multiple stakeholders and healthy client relationships throughout the project phase
- Pro-active resolution of performance, scope, cost, and schedule issues with the Client as they arise
- Coordination and interface management with Vendors, Implementation Contractors and other third parties to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others and develop strong internal and external relationships
- Previous technical, practical, and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group
- A minimum of 6 years as a Project Engineer with strong technical experience especially within the mining/ oil & gas and renewable energy industries.
- A recognized engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent. Mechanical is preferred but will look at all discipline engineering too.