Project Development Engineer
Location: Port Arthur, TX
We are looking for an individual to lead, oversee, and monitor activities within a cracker plant. This individual will be authorized to make day-to day operation decisions. Our client is looking for someone to be at the plant five days a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with troubleshooting as required for the more challenging/complex unit operating and reliability problems
- Complete all process safety and other HSE assignments in a timely manner
- Serve as a point of contact for Operations and other support groups to coordinate on topics.
- Oversee capital projects.
- Work with the Capital Project Development group to complete project development through FEED. This activity includes but is not limited to coordinating project cost/benefit studies, developing final project justifications, and achieving consensus among the customers such that these projects may be presented for funding approval.
- Participate and coordinate strategic special projects.
- Participate in profitability improvement programs to evaluate and implement high payout capital projects to improve the Cracker competitive positions and return on capital employed
- Support development of annual capital budgets and long-term plans
- Guide the project development and project execution groups with approved capital projects as they are estimated, engineered, constructed and commissioned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years relevant engineering experience in the oil refining or petrochemical field required.
- Work overtime as required, sometimes substantial on major capital projects
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance