Project Coordinator, Nanaimo, BC
Permanent Full-Time Opportunity
Our client, a well-established, growing utilities construction company is looking for leaders for their growing operations in Western Canada to drive business results while achieving safety excellence and high levels of customer service and quality.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible to provide administrative, project management and operational support to various teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and traits:
- Gather and review all construction reports, data reports, drawings, financials for field crews and office staff.
- Organize and assist with creating and implementing project schedules
- Understand and anticipate accruals and financial requirements for billing cycle of the project. Liaise and communicate with various parties ensuring timely processing.
- Ensure professional communication as point of contact for sub contractor, sub vendors, clients and stakeholders.
- Involving in project management process including:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Assisting in preparing tender estimate and pricing as directed.
- Assisting in change order process, such as negotiation, resolution and documentation of all change orders.
The successful candidate will have a post secondary education in a related filed plus a minimum of 3 years related experience in construction or a similar environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A.B.E.T. accredited programs or equivalent is an asset.
- PMP or field reporting experience is required along with project administration experience.
- Project accounting/ and invoicing experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
This is an opportunity for you to join a first class organization with a recognized brand, and in-house training programs to develop leadership and project management skills. The company provides an environment focused on safety and people and believes in fostering strong relationships within the organization and the communities it serves.