Project Control Manager
Position: Contract to Perm
Location: Denver, CO
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Project Controls Manager for a Mineral and Mining project. This person will be managing a team of 2-3 people and will be hands on with this project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management oversight to the project controls team including the cost and planning/scheduling functions on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
- Professionally supervise and train junior planners, schedulers, cost controllers and other technical staff. - Apply in-depth working knowledge of scheduling techniques and utilize planning software, such as Primavera P6 in managing all planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with clients and senior leaders to ensure business objectives are met. Coordinate with project controls team, project manager and project team to ensure the correct utilization of the project control system based on project specific requirements and corporate guidelines.
- Develop, interpret and implement policies and procedures that adhere to global standards. Contribute to Project Execution Plan development. Manage quality development of the project controls team that tracks, monitors and reports all aspects of the project.
- Communicate project forecasts to project manager. Develop Schedule Basis Memorandum and the scheduling premise.
- Responsible for project updates and monthly progress reports, schedule forecasts and updates with impact of changes.
- Responsible for actual and forecast progress curves and staffing histograms. Monitor and control schedules by performing critical path analysis, and earned value analysis.
- Ensure that project completion dates are met and that the project team is developing look ahead and recovery schedules. Run schedule analysis reports. Assist with developing mitigation plans as required.
- Manage the planning and scheduling interface between construction and the asset Activity Planning. Responsible for Person on Board Planning for planned high quality, resource, planned activities. Responsible for constraint activity planning with specific gate criteria, including Work Orders,
- Management of Change, Work Packs and Materials and Permits. Schedule waivers for activity failures and traffic light status reports.
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning process.
- Develop and manage probabilistic risk assessments to deliver schedule estimates employing proprietary software. Maintain and manage risk registers.
- Review target budgets in conjunction with engineering, project and construction management. Provide cost control services to project teams to ensure proper project cost management. Review and communicate productivity trends.
- Responsible for estimating construction projects including lump sum and cost reimbursable projects.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field and 60 months of post-baccalaureate progressively responsible project controls supervisory/management experience, including experience in planning/scheduling using Primavera
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance