Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager to join a world leading Engineering client based in Surrey on a contract basis.
- Reports to the Project Manager.
- Manages and leads all activities related to project planning and controls, cost management and reporting, contract administration and risk management.
- Responsibilities typically include:
- Project controls: reporting, forecasting and cost control.
- Document control.
- Administration services, including secretarial and clerical services.
- Translation services.
- Project risk management.
- Information management and systems.
- Responsible for timely issue of project control deliverables and progress reports.
- Provide leadership to planning engineers, schedulers and cost engineers to plan, monitor, and control the execution of the project within the time and budget parameters, optimising resource utilisation.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Support the Project Management Team in planning and identifying issues that could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client.
- Corporate reporting line is to the Project Controls and Business Director.
- Analyse project requirements and assist with the preparation of Project Master Schedules.
- Oversee planning and scheduling on the project to ensure schedules are in line with the delivery requirements through the application of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Understands the project deliverables, milestones and required tasks and targets through the project progress measurement system.
- Develop systems and procedures for project control functions on the project, as and when there are additional requirements from the client in order to facilitate the process of project monitoring.
- Support project management team in initiating and preparing time and cost related variations and claims. Advises Project Manager on compiling support documents for potential claims, prepares advance defence for issues that are likely to evolve during the execution of the project.
- Develop and maintain the approved project work breakdown structure and project control budget.
- Monitor progress against schedules and expedite updating data required from the discipline groups.
- Prepare and maintain client and management cost reports, progress curves for the project in line with the required reporting levels and requirements of the contract.
- Maintain change control systems, evaluate discipline change notices, determine cost and schedule impact of all affected areas.
- Maintain in conjunction with the materials control group, a requisition tracking system.
- Prepare cash flows and out turn forecasts.
- Ensure timely project reporting to an appropriate level of detail which gives early warning of adverse performance trends.
- Develop and maintain Personnel authorisation assignment Form Register.
- Support in the negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, agency, consultant, sponsorship, joint venture, consortium, bidding, confidentiality, MOU and other types and forms of agreements.
- Supervise and develop contract pricing summaries for proposals.
- Take responsibility for the document control process for the project.
- Consult Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Petrofac's ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Coordinates Internal and Client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Petrofac accredited framework such as ISO 14001.
- Capable of using initiative, knowledge and experience to recognise, highlight and address opportunities and threats as and when they emerge.
- Perform related duties as and when instructed by direct supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant Diploma/ Degree
Excellent communication, coordination, and organizational skills.
Language skills and advantage.
Excellent written and verbal English
Good interpersonal skills and presence.
Multi tasks capabilities.
Dedication and attention to detail.