Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant based in Aberdeen on a permanant basis.
The project accountant is responsible for month end reporting, managing working capital and overseeing invoicing. The role will involve preparing and reviewing financial information to both internal and external parties such as the client and external auditors
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, explanation of reporting variances, and assistance with board commentary for relevant regions/areas.
- Manage reporting of Projects, T&M, POC, Target Cost, and Fixed Price
- Management of the accounts assistants, overseeing all external billings and ensuring that all invoices issues comply with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Daily and weekly WIP review to ensure that all rechargeable work is invoiced on a timely basis.
- Review of WIP with Engineers and Contract Managers ensuring resolution of all queries to facilitate prompt and accurate billing while also reducing the outstanding WIP
- Resolution of credit control queries and implementing checks (developing best practice) to reduce invoice queries and late payment.
- Liaising with clients on invoice queries and dispute resolution.
- Timely customer escalation and KPI calculation
- Balance sheet code ownership/reconciliations for relevant databases
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly forecasts and yearly budgeting.
- Involvement in the year-end audit process, providing information to external auditors, and client auditors.
- Custodian of Group Accounting Policies and responsibility to ensure they are applied consistently throughout regions.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as required.
- Financial background with previous experience in reporting and tracking costs against budget, investigating variances and revising finance processes.
- Experience in the reporting of large projects, SOC/POC
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Strong ability to produce financial documentation
- Experience of invoicing & purchasing systems
- Ability to lead finance review meetings and challenge forecasts/costs
- Team management experience
- Good communication skills
- MS Office with strong Excel skills
- Ability to cost & build business cases