Our client was founded in 2015 and is a growing and dynamic and organization. Recently securing $6.7 million in funding from five investors to support their technological innovation, they are revolutionizing sampling collection and testing for the oil and gas industry.
Our client’s first Product Manager, you are responsible for building products that customers love, that solve their key problems, and are a financial success for the business.
They are looking for a product manager who is curious about the science that powers their products and the value they bring to their customers, and who continually questions the status quo to improve products, identify new opportunities and explore new markets.
What You Will Do:
- Become an expert in the industrial fluid testing market, from an end-user, laboratory manager/technician and competitive perspective, through primary and secondary research.
- Build upon existing product vision and strategy based on identified customer needs and marketplace dynamics.
- Translate product vision into a sound product roadmap.
- Translate this understanding into a clear and compelling go-to-market strategy, including positioning, pricing, market messaging and marketing/sales channels.
- Communicate the product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities to internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with software, hardware, laboratory, marketing, sales and executive teams on all stages of a product’s lifecycle.
- Develop and manage a customer advisory board to identify new customer problems and validate conceptual product solutions
- Participate in daily scrums and agile planning sessions for product development
- Monitor product success and determine the right changes to improve growth and profitability.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 years in a product management role in a software or hardware product company, working across the entire product lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science or equivalent, or prior experience as an entrepreneur, or product manager in a company
- Advanced technical writing and customer-facing communication skills.
- Planning, leading and conducting customer and user research, including customer journey mapping.
- Knowledge and understanding of business case development, financial reporting and metrics analysis.
- Methods for prioritizing product requirements, developing a product roadmap and reporting to executive team
- Understanding of and experience in agile methodologies for product management, design and development.
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
It’s a Bonus if:
- You have a degree in a technical area (like Engineering or Computer Science) and one in business, marketing or entrepreneurship
- You have experience in a startup, whether successful or not
- You have certification or training in Product Management through organizations such as Pragmatic Marketing and Silicon Valley Product Group
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance