Contract – Permanent
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Procurement Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Procurement, this role is responsible for developing and executing assigned category / supply chain strategies as it pertains to the procurement of critical, complex, and/or high dollar equipment and components.
- Responsible for all Production, MRO, Project and Service procurement and supply management functions relating to, and in support of cost reduction and supply chain risk mitigation initiatives. Specific focus on sourcing and supplier development; including, but not limited to: Request For Quotation, bid analysis, supplier selection, commercial negotiations, and overall production schedule performance in accordance with technical, commercial, quality, safety, and schedule requirements
- Responsible for negotiating and/or implementing contracts with suppliers for price, quality, delivery, and service. Working with Supplier Development Engineer, will find innovative ways to reach common ground for a win/win relationship to develop a global supply base that creates and sustains a competitive advantage for FCE Identifies and actively pursues cost reduction opportunities, driving savings in line with overall business expectations, ensuring targets for cost reduction are met. Manages cost models for suppliers (price, volume, discounts, commodity cost forecasts and cost drivers, etc.)
- Maintain ownership of the whole procurement process from component acquisition, and administration of contract, on time deliveries, quality through invoice payment and warranty terms
- Manage Inventory for Calgary location till a proper inventory system is in place. Some planning using spreadsheet will be required
- Develop and maintain metrics for monitoring supply chain processes and take corrective actions and drive for continuous improvement all throughout the supply chain. Responsible and accountable for developing and managing risk mitigation plans for assigned product categories
- Responsible for maintaining an effective Kanban system, as needed, with suppliers to improve inventory turns, while maintaining 100% on time shipment to our customers
- Make sure suppliers have current approved and released Specs and Drawings revisions
- Participate in new product introduction as required; help identify and qualify new suppliers as needed. Participate in Suppliers Audit as required
- Interface with Manufacturing, Finance, Engineering, Quality, and shipping/receiving personnel on material issues, invoicing issues, production planning and other issues. Function as a team member to share ideas, exchange and report information, and develop solutions to problems to assure on time delivery to our customers while continue to improve inventory turns
- Maintain all purchasing data in ER
- Uses their market knowledge to mitigate obsolescence risks; proactively seek information to predict, understand and analyze obsolescence risks and develop appropriate strategies
- Perform additional tasks and/or special projects as requested
A Bachelor’s degree in business, Operation Management, Supply Chain or related discipline with 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing MRP environment is preferred. MBA preferred. Six Sigma certification and CPSM is a plus.
Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport and be willing to travel occasionally travel to the US
Have the ability to travel domestically ~ 10%
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance