Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to join their client's Manchester team on a 12-month contract basis.
Delivering projects and providing engineering, procurement, and construction expertise to the upstream, midstream, chemicals, power, and mining and minerals sectors.
- Build, lead, manage, and develop the contracts, procurement, logistics, and materials management team capability in its pursuit of delivering optimal service levels.
- Ensure key project set-up deliverables are completed and endorsed by the Procurement HUB Manager and project, defining the function delivery strategy for the project. Ongoing implementation, adherence, and performance thereafter.
- Be part of the project management leadership team representing and promoting the Supply Chain function at a senior level acting as a focal point.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure all supply chain activities preserve the company's legal and commercial integrity and that company's and client's governance controls are adhered to.
- Be a safety leader and role model and will promote Health, Safety, Security, and Environment within the project team.
- Ensure all SCM personnel and suppliers comply with the client's Company Code of Business Conduct and the Supply Chain Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure project supply chain team and suppliers have established key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure performance. Ongoing performance reporting and management are progressively monitored thereafter, proactively addressing areas of concern.
- Ensure clear, concise, and timely reporting of full life cycle supply chain status.
- Work with the project team and function to ensure continuous improvement of supply chain delivery.
- Support, develop and performance manage supply chain team, including formal appraisal process.
- HND or equivalent.
- MCIPS accreditation at an advanced professional level.
- Significant demonstrable experience in functional focal point role in the offshore energy business.
- Proven ability to foster and manage relationships, with project functions, key suppliers, and customer representatives.
- Knowledge of and experience in the procurement of a wide range of goods and services for the offshore oil and gas industry.
- A confident and informed approach to purchasing and subcontracting.
- Ability to implement corporate and project policies and procedures.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead meetings.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain project strategy documents.
- Resource planning and maintenance experience.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other team members.
- Ability to manage workload and delegate effectively.
- Ability to enforce the use of procurement systems.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to react to changing deadlines to achieve project goals/milestones by company and customer requirements.
- Desire for continuous improvement and prepared to challenge established practices.
- High level of Commercial awareness.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft software.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in performance management of team members.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and identify development opportunities for team members.
- Appropriate Degree.