Our client, a major EPC contractor are recruiting for a Procurement Manager on a permanant basis for a role based in Manchester.
The Project Procurement Manager will provide leadership to a multi-disciplined Supply Chain team in order to deliver project execution plans. To be accountable for the planning and delivery of all Supply Chain activities required in support of project execution.
- Build, lead, manage and develop the contracts, procurement, logistics, and materials management team capability in its pursuit of delivering optimal service levels.
- Ensure key project set up deliverables are completed and endorsed by the Procurement HUB Manager and project, defining the function delivery strategy for the project. Ongoing implementation, adherence and performance thereafter.
- Be part of project management leadership team representing and promoting the Supply Chain function at a senior level acting as focal point for both Worley and Client.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure all supply chain activities preserve the company's legal and commercial integrity and that company's and client's governance controls are adhered to.
- Be a safety leader and role model and will promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment within project team.
- Ensure all SCM personnel and suppliers comply with Worley Company Code of Business Conduct and the Supply Chain Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure project supply chain team and suppliers have established key performance indicators (KPI's) to measure performance. Ongoing performance reporting and management is progressively monitored thereafter, proactively addressing areas of concern.
- Ensure clear, concise and timely reporting of fully life cycle supply chain status.
- Work with the project team and function to ensure continuous improvement of supply chain delivery.
- Support, develop and performance manage supply chain team, including formal appraisal process.
- HND or equivalent
- MCIPS accreditation at advanced professional level
- Significant demonstrable experience in functional focal point role in the offshore energy business
- Proven ability of fostering and managing relationships, with project functions, key suppliers and customers representatives
- Knowledge of and experience in the procurement of a wide range of goods and services for the offshore oil and gas industry
- A confident and informed approach to purchasing and subcontracting
- Ability to implement corporate and project policies and procedures
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to lead meetings
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain project strategy documents
- Resource planning and maintenance experience
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage workload and delegate effectively
- Ability to enforce use of procurement systems.
- A strong commitment to safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react to changing deadlines to achieve project goals / milestones in accordance with company and customer requirements
- Desire for continuous improvement and prepared to challenge established practices
- High level of Commercial awareness
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft software
- Presentation skills
- Experience of performance management of team members
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and identify development opportunities for team members
- Appropriate Degree