Procurement Director - Northern Germany
Staff / permanent opportunity
Industry: Renewable / green energy / gigafactory
Our client is developing one of the largest green energy electric car battery production facilities in Europe and seek to recruit on a staff permanent basis a Procurement Director based full time in Germany.
This is the start of a very exciting journey and is at the very initial stages of the design stages of the development of the facility. The Procurement Director will therefore lead the procurement and supply chain strategies of the business from conception through all stages of the project design, construction and commissioning of the multi €bn development.
The Procurement Director will set the tone, strategies and fundamentals of a start up operation and then build a procurement and supply chain team through the various phases of the project
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies that align with the organization's goals and objectives with ownership and accountabilities of the development and execution of overall procurement and supply chain strategy
- Responsible for the compliant delivery of all third party spend across the full projects' life cycle to ensure a successful outcome across cost, schedule, quality, safety, and predictability
- Lead proactive and effective senior level engagement for all relevant procurement and supply chains topics across the business with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- To lead the project Purchasing team including negotiation leading.
- Performing all Procurement duties for nominated purchase packages including formation and administration of the purchase order through bidder prequalification, Procurement Plan issue, RFQ issue, tender evaluation, award and recommendation, and monitoring of performance of suppliers. This includes general purchase order administration, invoice verification, resolution of claims, resolution of back charges and purchase order close out
- Operational managers utilizing in-depth knowledge, advanced problem solving skills and an awareness of priorities to translate strategic direction into tactical plans and implementation activities.
- Guided by functional practices, management precedents, and professional standards. Decisions are typically of a tactical variety.
- Able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to business operations. Decisions are typically based on extensive business acumen and seasoning.
- Manages a group of buyers or may act as a lead on a major project. Purchases a wide diversity of material and equipment on a competitive basis as required by project or Company needs.
- The level of Buyer is capable of acting as Lead Buyer or technical expert and can complete the most complex purchasing project involving both engineered and non-engineered items.
- Manages smaller projects, or portions of larger projects.
- Responsible for the daily administration of project related policies and processes in order for the project to meet business objectives.
- Manages and directs work directly or through supervisors or professionals leading others
- Experience in supply chain management or project development, preferably for large energy infrastructure projects is desired
- Understanding of the complexities of energy transition, its components, and creating innovative solutions
- Understanding of cost drivers on contracts and ability to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Strong commercial bias and ability to understand and drive insights from deep market competitive analysis.
- Strong leadership and influence skills being able to drive business delivery and value focused outcomes
- Passion for energy transition projects in a Low Carbon environment
- Commercial mindset, analytical skills, and driving strategic as well as operational solutions with all levels of stakeholders
- Capable of working in an agile way, and being part of multi-disciplinary global teams
- Willing to travel when needed
- A university degree or equivalent experience