This is an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Analyst/Buyer to join one of the world's major Oil companies!
The main function of the role is to assist in multi-discipline activities and inputs throughout the full Procurement cycle from the development of bid enquiry documents, through bid evaluation, pre-award negotiations, preparation of contracts for execution, their subsequent implementation and amendments.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the Procurement Manager, Procurement Coordinator and the Procurement Team in providing an effective procurement service
- Co-ordinate and verify suitability of the scope of work.
- Prepare documentation for tender, contract award and negotiation processes.
- Co-ordinate the technical evaluations of tenders including technical meetings with user departments and suppliers.
- Participate in meetings both internal and external to resolve areas of conflict of a contractual and commercial nature.
- Assist in the negotiation of terms and conditions and determine the extent of risks and liabilities which may be involved and concisely describe such risks to assist in management decisions.
- Assess the impact of contract exceptions against the strategy to produce recommendation for award of contract, in accordance with agreed time schedules of the contractual strategy.
- Commercially evaluate bids and co-ordinate the technical evaluations of tenders including technical meetings. Assist in assessing the material impact of contract exceptions.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Procurement / Purchasing roles.
- Oil and Gas or other resource industry experience.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ideally Tertiary qualification in Commerce or Business Administration.
- Highly competent - Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledgeable - Microsoft Outlook.
- SAP or other ERP system.
About Energy Resourcing Australia
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organization, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
How to Apply