Working as part of Woodside's Projects Australia team, the Process Safety Engineer works in a dynamic environment of diverse and changing technical and business requirements to provide support and value-adding advice. This is a full time Perth based role with the occasional site visit, on a 12 month contract. Oil and Gas experience and a tertiary qualification in Engineering are required.
Primary role includes:
- Identify, assess, and manage hazards with a particular focus on accident events with potential to impact personnel, e.g. multiple fatalities or process safety events.
- Leading and coaching the business in process safety management
Supplementary role includes:
- Regulatory management and engagement - lead and coaching
- Facilitation of workshops
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice, coaching and support on Safety in Design and Process Safety Management aspects to Woodside and Contractor development/project
- Define, plan and coordinate process safety activities within nominated areas of responsibility
- Ensure inherent safety principals are followed by engineers within nominated areas of responsibility, and that risks are ALARP
- Respond to technical queries from service recipients in the required time frame
- Review contractor safety in design documentation on behalf of Woodside, including point accountability for squad check comment resolution in the required time frame
The role of Process Safety Engineer (Generic) requires:
- Tertiary Engineering qualifications and experience in a similar role
- Experience in Process Safety Engineering in Oil and Gas industry
- Excellent communication and influencing skills are essential, in order to influence stakeholders to accept their individual and team accountabilities for process safety management.
- Knowledge and experience of safety case and major hazards facility framework and the associated risk management processes
- Ability to travel to offshore locations (FPSOs)
NOTE: Submissions for this role close 18th January, 2023.
About Energy Resourcing Australia
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organisation, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of being an Energy Resourcing Contractor:
- A flexible approach to Payroll where Contractors can trade as PAYG Individual, Pty Ltd Company or Family/Discretionary Trusts
- Flexible pay cycles where Contractors can elect to be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Locally based In-house Payroll team who are easily contactable for queries or assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contractor Care Program (including regular contact, Contractor functions and merchandise)
- Placement assistance at the end of a contract.