Process Lead - Evaporator and Crystallizers
Position: 6-month contract
Location: Remote or Houston, TX
Our client is looking for a Process Lead to join a billion dollar EPC project. This individual will have the opportunity to join a world class team and work in one of the largest brine beneficiation projects globally, which is being engineered to "supply greener" base products such as salt, gypsum, magnesium chloride and further refined products including green PVC from CO2 capture, green glass, magnesium metal, magnesium oxide, bromine and gypsum wallboard among others.
The Process Lead will be accountable for the safe/sustainable engineering scoping, budgeting, forecasting, quality, cost and schedule delivery of all work by the discipline. This position requires advanced knowledge and a specialized depth or breadth of expertise, gaining a mastery of multiple broader areas of specialty products, technologies, suppliers, and contractors within the industry. May include team leadership role as well as project and discipline related administrative responsibilities. The candidate must have an excellent track record in sectors such as Evaporators and Crystallizers, and in general, industrial manufacturing infrastructure projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists business development activities. Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, scope, resource loading, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers. May be called upon to lead all or part of a proposal.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Ensures Process technical work and team activities meet industry and jurisdictional standards and best practices, health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports standardization and continuous improvement.
- Interfaces with third-party technology suppliers and contractors
- Acting as the Lead Manufacturing/Process Engineer, participates in project execution strategy and planning. Knows the project and owns the discipline scope/cost/time requirements, makes certain the team meets expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Drives innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Owns management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Enables data gathering and the preparation of engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Ensures technical issues are defined with alternate solutions, pros/cons established for multiple solutions, and recommendations made through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required. Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Supports bid clarifications, bid evaluations, inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and other certification activities.
- Assigns work done by direct reports and reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy. Direct reports include discipline engineers, designers, and specialists within the same discipline.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Awarded a 4 or 5 year technical degree in science or engineering.
- Direct project execution experience in manufacturing/production facilities in the industry.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of and personal network of key technology suppliers and contractors in the industry.
- Understand industry benchmark projects and pricing
- Will be actively licensed with a local engineering governing body where required by law
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance