Process Engineering Manager
Prince George, BC
- Work with all the unit contact engineers & operations to monitor and develop the day-to-day operating targets and specifications for each of the refinery unit operations.
- Work with the Process Engineers to build process models to help evaluate debottlenecking opportunities and address plant problems.
- Work with catalyst, chemical and technology providers to optimize unit performance and maximize value.
- Participate in or lead multidisciplinary plant wide and corporate initiatives related to reliability, safety and efficiency.
- Ensure process engineering representation in process hazard assessments for all unit operations
- Ensure use of the refinery management of change (MOC) process and steward the computer-based maintenance process engineering activities.
- Ensure process engineering involvement in planned and un-planned outages including troubleshooting, shutdown support, initial / final process equipment inspections, found work, and startup support.
- Provide process engineering leadership to support, evaluate, generate and identify feasibility of Engineering Work Requests (EWR) and plant projects. Ensure process engineering support of plant project needs and focus on designs that enhance personnel safety, process safety, process reliability, unit efficiency, and profitability.
- Work effectively with operations to make continuous improvements to safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- A Professional Engineer designation recognized by EGBC
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.
- Experience with Aspen HYSYS refining simulation software or equivalen
- Demonstrates personal and process safety leadershi
- Minimum 10 years refinery experience preferably in a Unit Contact Engineering role in a Refinery or Chemical Plant.
- Previous Engineering Management or Team Lead experience
- Previous experience working with people in Operations, Maintenance and Engineering
- Exceptional data analysis and interpretation skills
- Knowledge of ASME, API, and CGSB standards, codes and regulations
- Strong facilitation, mentoring and leadership skills.
- Experience with management of change
- Strong knowledge of Process safety and barrier management
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance