Oil and Gas/ Refinery Experience
The Process Engineer role participates in the design of process equipment, including development of process simulation models, equipment sizing, optimization of design, and flare and relief system analysis and sizing. Composes comprehensive reports for project deliverables, as well as project design basis documents. Applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed with minimal supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. May provide discipline supervision and/or act as discipline lead for projects often with direct reports within the same discipline. May be called upon to support technical proposal writing including forming budget estimates.
- Model processes and facility unit operations in simulation software
- Perform hydraulic calculations for piping systems
- Develop process flow diagrams, heat and material balances, and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Organize and provide process data to other disciplines, namely mechanical and instrumentation for evaluation of equipment/instrument operating parameters and sizing of equipment/instruments
- Checking/troubleshooting process equipment system designs
- Prepare specifications and operating instructions for process equipment/systems
- Evaluate flare and relief systems, including PSV sizing following applicable client standards, API 520 Part 1/11, and API 521
- Communicate with vendors on sizing, operation, and performance of equipment, includes obtaining quotes for new equipment as required
- Development of facility drawings.
- Strong participation in hazard reviews/HAZOP events.
- Act as discipline lead for projects as needed, often requiring direct contact with client discipline leads; responsible for reporting on engineering status to project management and performing assessments of progress as needed
- Manage work and progress for other engineers within discipline including global integrated delivery engineers
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Ensure proper sequence of operation during schedule creation/reviews/updates
- Ensure project execution is within the approved budget and follows baseline schedule
- Participate in and contribute to development of all phases of project engineering, including FEED, detailed design, and construction support.
- Maintain effective communication with multidiscipline project team members including client team members
- Ensure adherence to company and client specifications and governing codes and standards
- Ensure adherence to company and client health, safety, security, and environmental (HSSE) requirements, as well as state and federal regulations; facilitate an atmosphere of concern for HSSE issues
- Ensure adherence to company calculation and deliverable checking procedures.
Technical and Industry Experience:
- 5+ Years of related engineering experience.
- Experience with simulation software for oil and gas process system along with developing FEL2 and 3 process engineering deliverables.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university within the United States of America is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- PE License preferred
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance