Location: Convent, LA
The Process Engineer is a technical resource responsible for supporting all aspects of plant
operations in order to safely produce the highest quality direct reduced iron (DRI) at the lowest cost, with
the highest productivity levels for the most profitable use in EAF operations within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze solution costs and benefits and optimize system and equipment design.
- Identify, develop & evaluate new technologies in the ironmaking field.
- Develop advanced mathematical models and perform complex calculations in the areas of, thermodynamics, and solid mechanics to improve the operations.
- Generate new scientific knowledge in the field of DRI/ironmaking.
- Conducting experimental tests in laboratory and pilot scale, theoretical analysis, and modelling.
- Managing process development and design projects
- Lead process and controls engineering for P&ID's, commissioning, technical risk analysis, safety and environmental, troubleshooting and investigations. Review project drawings for compliance and performance testing.
- Stay current with new process technologies, tools, design practices, methods, concepts.
All other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience as a Process Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in DRI (Direct Reduced Iron) production, handling, or use
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug free workplaceApply Now